Thursday, April 2, 2009

Junior Year

The following is stuff i did in high school...that i didn't absolutely hate.

Blue Hand
Sharpie on blue paper
I hated dots for a long time after that.

Segmented
Color Pencil and black Sharpie
I entered this into V.A.S.E and got a 4, but didn't go to state... oh the sadness.


Loren's Horse
Pastel
I entered this into Rodeo Art. Red Ribbon again I believe. Lame.
I Love You Even Though It Isn't Fair (Self Portrait)
Ink, Sharpie, and color pencil on masonite
So when I was a sophomore I was a bit of a weirdo. More than I am now. The picture I used as reference was from sophomore year. haha. good times. I entered this into V.A.S.E. as well, but I got a 3 on this one, which to be honest... I liked this one SO much more than the one that got a 4.


Eric on Ice
Pastel
I entered this into Culture Shapers, but didn't win. surprise, surprise.
People tend to have a really hard time with this one. It's a guy sitting with one leg crossed over the other, and a reflection beneath him.

Self Portrait in scribbles
Color pencil on black paper.

(self portraits were a popular assignment that year...i promise, i'm not so vain.)