Thursday, November 5, 2009

VA112 - Digital Tech

So this class just started on Oct21. It's only half a semester long, but were supposed to learn photoshop, illustrator, and some other stuff I don't remember but this is the stuff from photoshop. We picked an artist out of Michelangelo, Raphael, Da Vinci, and Pontormo. I picked Pontormo because I was less familiar with his art, but its definitely good stuff...a little eerie, but good. We had to pick out a drawing, or a few drawings and make a little 5X5 inch collage thing 'inspired' by the drawigns. I tried to find the ones I used online, but I didn't have any luck. Anyway...I'm not posting everything we did, because most of it I hated (I'm new to the whole digital art thing, and besides that, I'm definitely not familiar with Mac's which is what we use), so I'll just put a few up.

This is the orignal collage that I scanned.
This was supposed to demonstrate value.
And this, rhythm.
I like what I've learned, but I feel like everyone else is already sooooooo much better than me at it. ugh. 'keep moving forward.'
fin.